If you want to opt for a rewarding career, Hotel Management is the field to choose. Every hotel business, irrespective of it being big or small, is growing rapidly. In today’s competitive world, the value of a degree in Hotel Management can never be underestimated. One of the advantages offered by the degree is that students can develop managerial and business skills. But that’s not all; few other vital things surrounding the degree are stated in the slides that follow.
Eligibility Required to Join a Hotel Management Institute
- Almost all Hotel Management Institute in W.B offers diploma, degree, and certificate to students who have completed their +2 examination.
- If you have already completed your graduation, opt for a post graduation degree in Hotel management and make your career brighter.
Few Courses Offered By Hotel Management Institutes in Kolkata
- MBA in Tourism and Hotel Management
- B.Sc in Catering Science and Hotel Management
- Bar Tending and Mixology
- Food Production Programme
- Housekeeping and Front Office Programme
- Basic Stewardship
Career Prospects after Completing Hotel Management Degree
- All five-star hotels need trained and skilled staffs having degree or diploma in Hotel Management for various departments.
- Few of them include food and beverages, accounting, housekeeping, marketing, maintenance, public relations, engineering, and firefighting.
- The work experience you earn through the training offered by every hotel management institute in Kolkata proves your competence.
- You can work for sectors like club management, guest house, airline catering, hospital administration, catering, and forest lodges.
- The average salary ranges from Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000, this goes up to almost Rs 35,000 within 2 to 3 years.
- For those working as an assistant restaurant manager just after the training period can earn around Rs 25,000.
Benefits You Can Enjoy
You will have numerous opportunities as working in the hospitality sector is never dull. Not only will you be appreciated for your job but also get plentiful of perks all through the year. Since the financial meltdown doesn’t have any impact on the housing industry, you won’t be suffering any dark time!